As we have written already, that manufacturers may manipulate a pricing structure for items in an online site as they don’t want a pricing war to kick off on their brands.
Some are ok with the following options.
1. freebie giveaways up to a certain amount of dollars or percent of the item.
2. Gift card giveaway to offset the price.
3. Retailer rewards programs.
4. Bundled offers (when you buy another item together with the main controlled price item, you can save on another accessory item dollars or percent.
5. Promo/coupon code offers.
6. Free extended 0% financing options.
7. Mail in rebate, is also a commonly used offering for free items that are fulfilled from the manufacturer of the item. (To me it sounds like a way to gather customer information)